McANDLESS FAMILY AWARD FOR EXCELLENCE at Gateway Academy
At Gateway Academy, we believe that every student has a creative voice that should be nurtured and that theatre offers a powerful means of creative expression with the ability to transform individuals and communities. The McAndless Family Award for Excellence recognizes students training in theatre and performing arts who demonstrate the potential to make a difference and best exemplify Creativity, Courage, Connection.
With the generous support of the McAndless Family Foundation, we are pleased to recognize recipients with a financial scholarship distributed as follows:
- 2 recipients in Level C (14 to 18 years old)
- 3 recipients in Level B (11 to 13 years old)
The Award winners are selected, based on the merits of their application.
You are invited to apply if you are:
- 11 years of age or older as of September 2022
- Enrolled as a full-time student in elementary, secondary, or post-secondary studies or the equivalent (online or in-person)
- A registered student for the upcoming Academy year and have a minimum of 8 months of prior Academy instruction
A secondary school graduating student with a minimum of 2 years of Academy instruction.
1). Complete the Scholarship Application form
2). Provide a letter of support from teachers or coaches who are familiar with your interest and experience in performing arts
3). Email application and support letter to email@example.com by August 31, 2022, at midnight.
NOTE: Recipients of the McAndless Family Award for Excellence cannot apply (and receive) the scholarship in two consecutive years, but must wait a year before applying again.
For any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Ruth McIntosh, Education Manager at 604.247.4975.